Wednesday, October 15, 2008

greatful for neighbors, kitchen windows and ladders...lesson learned

so.... i being the total genius that i am... locked myself out of the house.. russell has my keys in Arkansas till next Thursday, and i have his- without any keys to the house. yes you can nag me now about having two sets of keys..
anyways in my early morning rush out the door htis morning at 7, i locked both the garage door AND the back door AND the front door... (normally we leave the garage door unlocked and shut the big garage door). so after i try all the ground level windows and saw that they were locked (all bc i watched csi last night) i was at a loss of what to do other than attempt to climb on the roof and try the windows upstairs...

THEN
my very prego neighbor saved the day by sharing her amazing talent of breaking into houses with cc cards... so while she attempted to cc her way in to my house through the front door, i remembered the kitchen window was most likely unlocked and grabbed her ladder and tried it from the back of the house.. my way won.. and i am sure it was quite the show for the nasty stinky ol neighbor who lives behind us (he was sitting on his porch smoking while i lifted myself up through the window (thank you swimmer arms:)
and now i am VERY proud to say my child is asleep INSIDE in his crib.. i win...
needless to say i am going to get a spare key

5 comments:

Miss Heather said...

AAH!! I'm so sorry! That sucks! We have a good neighbor down the street who has our spare key because I'm KNOWN for locking myself out. I do it all the time. :o)

And you still have the wrong Crandalls on your blog list. You never read my blog! WAAAHHH!! (Wait, now I sound like Korbin!!)

Alyse and Bob said...

Thank you so much for this story. I loved it so much and I laughed the whole entire time. I am sorry that you had to experience the feeling of being locked out... but still. I can see you being so ticked and swearing up a storm.

russ said...

wow....i'm gone for not even a full day and you can't hold it together?? you just lose your mind???!@? :) hahaha, j/k

im out here in arkansas all right.....um....everyone here is...um...kinda "hillbillyish" if that makes sense....haha, anyway...i miss you guys...

Erin Page said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is the best thing I have heard all day long! I totally love it! And I totally can picture you hoisting yourself through your tiny kitchen window! ahahaahahahaha! You are my favorite!

Janell said...

Hi...I got a blog and have no idea how to work it. Tomorrow, come prepared to help me.
Also, I bet you were able to pull yourself up into the window because we worked our arms soooo much that one day. ha...