Wednesday, September 17, 2008

APA my A$$


So i have to write a paper.. in APA format. Which is not really that bad.. i am a SUPER senior in COLLEGE, this is not the first time i have had to do this. My original major was ruled by the world of APA format.... I USED to know how to do this.. i USED to have the stupid manual that told your how to write according to the STUPID guidelines... but seeing as i HATE clutter i did what i do with anything that has no real value in my life... THROW IT OUT... I now regret this decision A LOT...

Why cant i just say where i got the quote in a simple sentence. Why do i have to claim my findings in some STUPID nonsense formation that just makes things look to complicated to even care about. It is not like i am claiming that i wrote the quotes i am using, they are TOO far above my intelligence and written by someone who has WAY too much time on their hands... there is no way i want to even pretend to be them. so why cant i give them their credit how i want to and not in the stupid APA format wants me to.. GAY .... that is all i have to say....

8 comments:

Alyse and Bob said...

I guess taking a year off was a lot harder than you thought. Sorry about the apa and having to write papers.

Carli said...

I HATED APA so bad! luckily, I only had to use it a few times throughout college. Look it up online. It tells you how to do it!

Colby Heideman said...

Colby has a program at work that will automatically put it in APA format. i bet that you could use it. let me know.

Miss Heather said...

APA SUCKS! I'm so so so sorry!! Good luck! Let me know if you want input or me to proofread your paper. That's about the only thing my English degree comes in handy for these days. :o) LOVE YOU!

russ said...

APA???? WTF is that???!?

Josh and Rach said...

I understand your frustration Mary-lou. Yes, I just made up that nickname for you. I know there is some website that you just write in the book and authors etc and it puts it in the format for you, (thanks to Doug searching for it during some boring class, of course.) But like you do, I threw that piece of info away and therefore you will have to just suffer. Poo. You can do it!! :)

Skye L. said...

citationmachine.net

it works wonders.

Kyle and Jamie said...

oh my gosh...Mary!! I haven't talked to you forever!! Where are you living...we need to hang out! your little boy is so cute!! I can't wait to see you sometime!!