Sunday, August 31, 2008

And he is one


(any suggestions about to filp this without starting all over?!?!?)Korbin and his girls (Kennedy and Avery)






Korbin and Kennedy "sharing" jello...






So it is official, Korbin turned one on Saturday. Russell and I made a cake, and we had a big party and he got WAY too many presents for a one year old:)


He loved it all though especially cake:)



It is SO sad for me to think about how big he really is. I can remember when the doctors first lifted him up for me to see how sur-real it was and then holding him to first time and realizing the he was all mine. I remember taking him home from the hospital and putting him all wrapped up tight in his crib and thinking how tiny he was compared to everything around him. I miss him cuddling with us on the couch, I miss his little boy coo's and sounds. I miss him sitting still for more than two min at a time. I miss having a little baby....


I used to make fun of my mom for crying at every littel thing when we were growing up, but now that I am a mom I totally understand. I have caught myself several times tearing up over stupid little things... Last night russ and i were looking through his new born pictures and videos of him, and couldn't help but to cry.. sad I know... But to me he is all grown up and not a baby anymore... I just miss it, that's all..... hmm time for baby number two???????


6 comments:

russ said...

Good job on the cake babe...turned out super cute! Thanks for working so hard on making his party a good time! He's a BIG BOY now!!! YES! Soon, he will be playin baseball with his dad! (baby #2 is still gonna be hangin out upstairs for a little while).

Love you baby!

Alyse and Bob said...

I love the frog cake!!!! Why was I so spacey and forgot the party of the year??? And Mary you look so pretty in those pics.... love ya!

Carli said...

Korbins party was so fun! He is way cute. I love those pictures you took of the babies!

Josh and Rach said...

5 things, ok, so 6:

1. Korbin is so stinkin cute
2. Awesome job on the cake, I love it
3. Love the mowhawk (i have a feeling that was Russell's idea)
4. Absolutely love the photo shoot pics
5. Korbin is adorable
6. I miss you guys so much!!!
7. I better have gotten a b-day invite if i lived there
(ok, so it was actually 7)
8. One last thought- i laughed out loud at the computer when I read your "update your blog" comment, ha

Lanette Sanders said...

You make me want to cut my hair even more now! And you make me even more scared for Abigail to grow up too fast. :( I can't believe you are baby hungry already. Have a girl!

Lindsay said...

Corbin is darling! I know exactly how you feel about him growing up. Lydia turned one yesterday and I couldn't stop from crying. It's weird how you finally begin to understand your parents when you've got kids of your own.