Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I caught you... thanks you made my day

so.... note writing in third grade is the thing to do. I have threatened my kids that if they are caught writing or reading a note I get to read it.
This afternoon when we were working on our valentine stories for writing, I caught one of my girl's getting up to "sharpen her pencil." I watched her as she took the long way the sharpener and and drop a note off at a boy's desk. I got up and grabbed the note before he could read it.(secretly i love reading their notes). She about died when she saw me grabbed it. I opened the note and it was your basic, "i like you note" except one line

"You are my internal organs. AKA my heart"

that is m new favorite line

Some days I love third grade

8 comments:

russ said...

AHAHAHA! thats hilarious - im glad you enjoy ruining 3rd graders love lifes! lol!

Alicia said...

I need good school stories right now! Thanks for sharing that one. :)

abby said...

NICE!!! Makes me want to teach 3rd grade.

Lanette Sanders said...

LOL!!!

Christie said...

haha... sooo romantic! I'm glad she specified which internal organ she was thinking of. he might have been turned off if he thought she meant her large intestine or gall bladder or something like that.

Carli said...

NICE! that is too funny.

Mr. Robinson said...

That is hilarious!!! I love that line! So funny...where do they come up with these things! (This is Jamie by the way...not Mr.Robinson!)

Alyse and Bob said...

kids are crazy these days. So my Kaylee, she writes to your Annabella, is now wearing mascara. And today was confronted about being a bully to another girl in 3rd grade. She spent the day crying in the principals office. blah.