Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Please dont run.. on the ice that is....

So for the last X amount of years i have worked at a pool and one of the most commonly said things is "NO RUNNING"... maybe this is why i becoming a teacher...

Today i got the privilege (all week long) of having the glorified job of recess duty.... and all recess long( 15 min ish by the time i get out there) I get to say NO RUNNING.. on the ice the ice that is... it is lots of fun, but you would assume that children would have the common sense of if they ate it going one way on the ice they would sure as hec eat it again going the other way... ... BUT the major plus side is i have been teaching for only y 3 days and i have learned the true value HAND WARMERS!!! one of my teachers husband's got her some for Christmas and she gave me one today to help with the below zero temperatures one faces with recess duty... and it was AWESOME and stayed AWESOME all say.. in fact it is still awesomely warm in my pocket (they last 10 hours! i think they will be come my next investment for sure


i now officially have 47 more days left of my student teaching..and i TOTALLY love it! The kids are super fun (chatty but fun :) ) My two cooperating teachers have been AMAZING so far and i am so lucky to get the good ones out there ( i have heard a few horror stories...)

So now the real test is to make it through the next 47 more days without getting sick, or wanting to stab my brains out with a fork.... (oh ps Russell AND korbin stayed home sick today with the FLU..) Odds are it is heading my way....

(ps .. korbin has decided that wondering aroudn the house saying "oshe" which we can only assume means "shoes".... )

4 comments:

Carli said...

I LOVE those hand and foot warmers. I own a whole package of them! haha. And student teaching goes by fast. Soon it will be April and you will wonder where the time went. Good for you for sticking it out. It would be so hard to do now with a baby! Good luck!

Alyse and Bob said...

Yea!!!! You are surviving student teaching. Pray that you don't get sick. Don't worry that today is my 2nd sick day in the last week and a half. Lunch was so fun on Saturday I am sorry that my face looked nasty. It is looking so much better now.

Miss Heather said...

You are so great! I'm excited for you to get through the student teaching.

And Korbin is hilarious! I love "oshe"!!

abby said...

I kind of think the kids WANT to fall. You know just cuz they are that crazy.