Sunday, May 9, 2010

I choose this






(this is what we woke up to after telling Korbin to go play down stairs while russ and I slept in)
So today is Mother's Day and it is still kind of weird to think that I am "grown-up" enough to actually be a mom.. let alone a mom to TWO kids... but in all honesty, I choose nothing else for my life right now.
I had a kid-less friend ask me if I miss being able to go do things without having to plan ahead and without hesitating my answer was no.

I don't feel that I am missing out on ANYTHING that is more important than being a Mom. I don't care about the 'sacrifices' that I make daily/hourly. Anything I have 'given up' is made worth it ten fold in the smiles I get from my boys. I'd have it no other way:
- Even if that means wake up calls at 3:30 am on a Saturday asking for 'mac 'n cheese
*true sign he is my child
- being told "you being mean- you go'n corner!" for not giving in and giving an extra cookie
- not having a clean and organized house or a clutter and crumb free car
- the never ending pile of laundry full of miniature outfits that you swore you just washed
- Sponge Bob and Cars over ANYTHING not animated
- the perfect outfit ruined by a LONG stream of drool and or spit up
- my days "off" from work starting at 6:00 am and filled with trips to the park
- trading Wingers or Olive Garden for Artic Circle bc they have the best play place
- getting 'help' to do simple chores that should take five min but end up taking 20 min
- seeing your kid get SO excited when you got them a surprise or tired extra hard to make them happy
- hearing "luff you mama" randomly throughout the day
- getting slobbery wet kisses
- seeing the look of pure joy come across Quinn's face when your eyes meet
- getting giant bear hugs from Korbin
- being told at 6:00 am that it is "wake up time" and asked if I had a good dream
- being asked to cuddle on the couch instead of going to bed
- watching your oldest give 'luvs' to your youngest without being directed to
- getting told you are "butiful' when you are feeling like a floppy whale

The experiences I have had from being Mom are and have been better than anything else in my life. As I see it the pros out way the cons every time.

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

You are so awesome, Mary. You're the best mom!!!

Hoylelicious said...

Hmm those are nice to hear - tells me its going to be okay!!

Thanks!

ps who doesn't want mac and cheese at 3 am!

Lindsay said...

I totally agree!!