Friday, September 18, 2009

From the mouth of 3rd graders..

So for the past few weeks school has been going on and I have gotten to know my kids pretty well and I have discovered that the minds of third graders are well... interesting ...

1. Mrs. Nelson you are having a BOY bc only GIRLS have BOY babies

2. Mrs. Nelson I couldnt turn in my spelling contract bc my little brother peed on it

3. Mrs. Nelson my THIRD dad moved out this morning because my mom said he didnt make dinner.

4. Mrs. Nelson We all have a boyfriend (4 girls) his name is stuart... .. (one boy four girls... hmmm )... i asked them how that works... they replied... I dont know he just gave us his number

5. Mrs. Nelson if I had a key to the school i would sneak into the cafeteria and eat all the food (completely random comment in the middle of a lesson)

6. Mrs. Nelson, my mom said i CAN only do hw on Mondays and Thursdays

7. Mrs. Nelson, my dad says pregnant women can get ornery easy

8. Mrs. Nelson the reason why I was bad today is bc i forgot my pill this morning

9. Phone call from a concerned mother: Mike (name change) told my daughter to wear something sexy to school ...

10. Mrs Nelson I can't sit in the front (boy who was recently moved to the front of the class because of talking) bc i cant see the board

11. Mrs. Nelson instead of skipping recess, (says the boy who had his recess taken away for not reading) can't I just tell my mom I wasn't reading and she will yell at me?

12. Kenzie ( name change) why are you not reading (they were supposed to be silent reading while i worked with groups)? - her reply- I already read last night for 40 min.. and i only have to read 20 min a day... SO.... I am done...

13. Mrs. Nelson can we line up in Alphabetical order so i can be first (her last name started with the letter N)

14. Boy asking for hw for the week bc his grandpa died and he was going to his funeral... Me: i am sorry he died.. Him: i am happy he died bc now we dont ahve to go there for dinner on sunday anymore OR christmas


I am sure there are more... but my brain hurts from trying to remember them... and i am sure there will be more.. all and all i like my job.. and the kids..... only thing i would change is pee boy and his lack of control of his bladder,.. and transfer cry at anything boy to another state

8 comments:

Alyse and Bob said...

Yea for comments! And funny stories! It made me so happy, and I laughed at all of them. I've had a girl wet her pants once this week and once last week and both times she raises her hand and says (In a loud voice) I've just had an accident! The whole class loves it.

Skye L. said...

Those are hilarious!! I might just pee my pants from laughing... :)

Miss Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I'm with Skye. I almost peed my pants from laughing too!! Wow, out of the mouths of babes, right? It makes me think they're on Kids Say The Darndest Things or something. Your class is definitely a comedy hour!!! :)

Brandon and Maritza Godfrey said...

Those are hilarious! The things kids say.

Katie said...

Oh, those are so funny! My hat goes off to you to be able to teach a room full of kids. My mom's a teacher, and believe me, I think you guys are underappreciated!

Jamilla said...

I love it! Kids are so funny! Things like that really make me miss teaching.

Abbee said...

oh you totally made my day! don't you just love how funny the things they say are? hows the pregnancy coming?

abby said...

Your class is funny!!! It makes me want to teach third grade (Almost)