Sunday, February 8, 2009

Then there were two....

So.. I had the ingenious idea of shipping korbin down to my mom's house for the week bc she was up here for my little bro's state swim meet this weekend (which he was one of the ONLY ones to drop time on his team and KICKED butt!) and then coming back up next weekend for my aunts and uncle wedding (temple version).... so i figured she would have fun playing grandma for a week while i got caught up (ahead if i am lucky) on house cleaning/school work)....
well ... my house is so freaking quiet! I AM GOING CRAZY! it is weird how much my life really does revolve around korbin.. everything i do is done with him in mind.. and now that he is gone.. I am so....i don't know -- cheesy to say--but lonely..... it has been one day and i already miss his babbling and his contagious laugh... it is going to be a long week... dont know how russell does this for a week EVERY month---
I called my mom this morning to see how the night went.. and she said good-- but this morning when he got up he wandered the entire house calling out my name... poor kid.. she put him on the phone and he got so excited to hear me call his name...glad to know i am missed...
but on a plus side... it was the first time in a LONG time russell and i made it through not one but TWO entire episodes of HOUSE without having to pause it to get korbin out of some type of no good....
..this picture is old..but i love how blue is eyes are...


OH and i almost forgot! russell as joined/sucke into the world of blogging so GO READ http://russiferandfam.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

Lanette Sanders said...

What!?! Holy crap!

Brandon and Maritza Godfrey said...

I hate it when the girls would go visit grandma for a couple of days. I would get so bored without them. I don't know what I'm going to do when we leave for a whole week in April with no kids. You can do it. Imagine how nice it is when your house actually stays clean for more than 15 mins.

Alyse and Bob said...

Yea for a break for the two of you. Is Russ home this week? Or is it just going to be you??? What are you doing this weekend?

Skye L. said...

My mom took Hayes for a week after Kamri was born and it was so weird...and I even had a newborn to take care of. It was so quiet though and the house stayed clean. Enjoy a week off!!

russ said...

Haha! maritza has a good point...lol...how many times to you pick up the house and korbin opens his toy box and throws every toy back on the ground? hahaha.....i miss my little boy too...when ive been gone this long, im always busy with stuff all day...now i am at home and he isnt here to play with....lame.. :(

Lanette Sanders said...

Yay!!! Call your insurance, man! :)

Jordan said...

Oh! That's sad! Well, I'm in provo... if you need company call!