Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our son, the indoor boy

Korbin has had several issues with the grass this last summer and whenever russell and i sat him down in it he would freak out and lift all limbs possible....
Russell and i hoped that maybe his fear would differ for snow.... our luck was not so.
the other day he had his first real taste of snow bc of the MASSIVE snow that dumped on us in Eagle Mountain..

(his mood did improve when we
showed him how to make a snow ball)


Christmas was fun this year. For the first time russell and i got to play Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause and were in charge of Christmas at our house. Korbin got tons of presents including a really cool activity table that my super talented brother made for him


After Christmas morning we went sledding with some friends and let the boys show their "manly-ness" and make a massive snow man:)


OH and for anyone who is curious what happens to korbin when Russell babysits here is an example :)


ps.. i love you Russell and am grateful you are home to watch Korbin so i can go to work (which we all know is sadly my social life)

oh and alyse i miss your face... :(

9 comments:

Ben and Anna said...

James use to hate the grass, sand, snow, etc. I am, as Ben would call it, "hard core" though, so I stripped him naked (except for the snow) and put him in the middle of whatever he hated. the only way out was to touch it. it only took about a week before he was good with it. :) I am glad you guys had such a good christmas. I am SO jealous of the activity table.

Alyse and Bob said...

Mary! Thank you so much for adding me to your post! And thank you for finally posting something on your blog. I felt like I didn't know you anymore. I am going to start going to the pool or work out tuesday-thursday after school because boyf has class until 9. Are you ready for student teaching?

Skye L. said...

Well if he hates snow and grass okay..he can still be your son but the real question is..does he like being in the water? Cause if he doesn't that poor boy was born to the wrong mama. ha

Miss Heather said...

At least he loves to swim!! I think he takes after me with the not-liking-outdoor-stuff-very-much. :) You guys look like you had a blast. :)

Josh and Rach said...

Ha, I totally forgot about the grass thing, that is so funny. I am almost crying myself to sleep right now though that only Alyse got a shout out on the blog...dangit. You haven't forgot about me yet have you?!! I hope you guys had a great Christmas and I MISS ALL THREE OF YOU! (except maybe Mary)

russ said...

it's the best when korbin falls asleep while holding him isn't it babe? :)

Mary said...

seems to happen to you more than me--i can t seem to hold still long enough for the poor kid:) love you baby cakes

russ said...

maybe it's because he gets bored with me.....and just passes out... :(

Mary said...

nah --we both know that is not true! he loves his daddy time ( i love it too :P)